Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hot Potato!


I have become a freaking master at making twice baked potatoes...eh hem...if I do say so myself...I use different things to stuff them..depending on what we have on hand...sometimes a little raw horse radish(for a kick), some diced red onions,vegan butter,salt & pepper..just depends what we have!! Last night I made salmon with a simple seasoning, steamed haricot verts, & these delicious bundles of joy!!! So savory!! This time I did goat cheese in mine(um I've been using it in EVERYTHING!!), vegan butter, fresh chives(from my lovely clients garden..thank you very much!!), sea salt & cracked black pepper...They were sooo delicious!! Considering Ryan is not a vegan/vegetarian...I did swiss cheese in his & regular butter...
To make: 1.rub Idaho potatoes with Vegetable oil...place on foil lined cookie sheet cook at 400 for 30 minutes
2.slice about a 1/4 in. off the top, scoop out inside enough to leave a solid shell
3.mash top of potato with insides of potato into a bowl on top of whatever ingredients you'd like!! (This way if you're using cheese the cheese gets all melty while you are mashing;)It can still be a little chunky..doesn't have to be like mashed potatoes;)
4.fill shell of potato back up with the toppings & cook for another 30 min.
5.take out of oven, serve & once cool...savor every yummy bite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment