Saturday, January 30, 2010

Soup & Sledding on a Snow day






We got about 4-5 inches of snow in Nashville, which is by far the most snow I have ever seen here in 5 years...It was great at 1st, but for someone who constantly likes to be on the go...it took me a min. to figure out what to do with myself! I have made batches of popcorn with olive oil & sea salt..we have plenty of movies to watch & today Ryan, Ellie & I ventured outside for a sledding adventure in our neighborhood... afterwards coming inside for a hot bowl of my favorite soup from Trader Joe's Roasted Corn & Red Pepper, & a piece of yummy sesame Ezekiel toast....the only thing I add to it is cracked black pepper. It's nothing fancy, but simply sweet & a little spicy. It is not at all chunky, but great to dip some toast or a grill cheese into...I also thought I'd include some fun pics of the sledding...My boyfriend was not on board until we got outside & he couldn't resist flying down the hills...We used the plastic top of a storage container since we don't have a sled, which worked somewhat well. Ellie had no problem zipping all over the place playing in the snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment